Ignite is a national tutoring corps designed to accelerate learning and foster belonging with students. Ignite builds on Teach For America’s over 30 years of experience recruiting and developing leaders to partner with schools across the country to help students overcome the systemic barriers to an excellent education. Leveraging research-based best practices for high-impact tutoring, the Ignite Fellowship brings exceptional, equity-minded leaders into classrooms virtually to immediately add value with students and schools through customized learning.
As an Ignite Fellow, you will:
- Lead small group, virtual learning experiences with students
- Be supported by a school-based, veteran educator
- Work approximately 3 - 5 hours per week during regular K-12 school hours
- Be able to explore available schedules and sign up for one that works for you
- Times are based on partner school schedules and sign-ups are first come first served. Not all accepted Fellows will be able to find a time that works with their schedule the first semester, but may defer to join in a future semester.
- We partner with schools across the country in 5 time zones. You will sign up for a schedule that will remain consistent for the semester. View a sample weekly schedule
- Receive a $1200 (pre-tax) award upon successful completion of the Fellowship term
Ignite Fall Fellowship: Sept. 18 - Dec. 15, 2023
Ignite Spring Fellowship: Feb. 5 - May 3, 2024
The application is currently closed.
Please check back later in the spring to apply for the Ignite Fellowship for Fall 2024.
Eligibility Requirements to Join Ignite
- Be available to work for ~5 hours each week of the Fellowship
- Weeks 1 & 2: ~5 hours of learning and onboarding each week
- Weeks 3-13: ~ 3 hours working directly with students and ~2 hours preparing for sessions and learning each week
- You will sign up for a consistent schedule to lead tutoring for the semester
- Sessions are conducted virtually only
- Be one or more of the following:
- A current undergraduate or graduate student for the spring 2024 semester (both full-time or part-time students are eligible)
- Accepted to the 2024 TFA corps
- A renewing Ignite Fellow
- A deferral from spring 2023 or fall 2023
- TFA alum
Undergraduate GPA must be at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (First year college students must have a high school GPA of 3.0+)
Fellows must be at least 18 years of age, authorized to work in the U.S. and complete an online background check
When completing your eligibility profile, please carefully and accurately select your responses. If you see the the notice "no programs available" it means you are ineligible based on your responses to the eligibility questions.
Questions? Explore our FAQs!